This guide — the first ever of its kind — offers mortgage bankers comprehensive, smart guidance about implementing and managing a hedging program. In this guide, a seasoned secondary marketing manager shares insight, experiences, and knowledge to show you how a hedging program works, what it takes to get it going, and what it’s like to manage it. You will learn a safe, conservative, and predictable approach to hedging that is accepted by the industry as the best tactic for small- to mid-size lenders.
In this book, you’ll get the background information you need to move forward, a step-by-step walkthrough of the day-to-day routine and how to do it well, advice on getting started, and techniques to maximize your return.
Find out . . .
* Why mandatory execution makes you a better mortgage banker
* The real risk and returns of a hedging program
* Steps to take to get your organization ready
* How to execute trades (and talk like a trader!)
* The traps and how to avoid them